**I’m hoping to do one or two more BB recipes before the season is over, but it entirely depends on my ability to come up with stupid food puns. I bet I will, I’ve got a few more ideas kicking around in the ol’ noggin. So stayed tuned for more recipes celebrating the best show on television!
This one is a little obvious, but it’s goofy and fun. And if you have a Breaking Bad party, it’s the perfect appetizer. Or for any party, really. You can totally taste the difference from salsa in a jar.
You will need:
- 1 can (28 ounce) whole tomatoes with juice
- 2 cans (10 0unce) rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 whole jalapenos, quartered and sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 whole lime juice
This is a super easy recipe, by the way. I think I forgot to mention that. Here are my very detailed instructions:
1. Dice vegetables and herbs
2. Open cans
3. Dump everything into a blender
4. Blend (pulse about 15 times for smooth salsa, less times for chunkier salsa, more times for flavored tomato juice)
Stuff in blender.
Saul-sa. It’s that easy.
If you want maximum flavor, let it sit in the fridge for a few hours and it’ll be more robust.
And if you want to go super crazy, make some jalapeño cheddar nachos to dip in the Saul-sa.
That’s right, live a little. And if you mess up?
Well, just call this guy.
Disclaimer: All photos of Saul Goodman are property of AMC. I do not own them. I’m just borrowing them.
Recipe adapted from the wonderful Pioneer Woman