Then I found a recipe for Mint chocolate chip cookie dough dip, and I knew I had to make it. I mean, what could be better than a dip that reminds you of cookies that reminds you of ice cream? It’s pretty great.
Recipe taken directly from Host the Toast
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons mint extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Milk or greek yogurt, to taste, for thinning to dip consistency
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate cookies, graham crackers, or brownie bites, for dipping
In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with a hand mixer (whisk worked fine) until smooth. Add in the extracts and the salt and mix again.
Keeping the mixer on, slowly sprinkle the flour in and, once thickened, add in milk or greek yogurt, a bit at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. Taste and adjust if necessary.
Mix in the green food coloring and the chocolate chips and serve!
Since there’s no eggs in the recipe you don’t have to worry about salmonella, though I do when I eat raw cookie dough by the spoonful. But this is a fun, rich dessert that’s easy to throw together before a dinner party. Goes great with white wine and Cards against Humanity!